We are looking for a creative, strategic, and collaborative person to join our team in this dream job!
May 9th, 2022 Updated to May 23rd, 2022
Negotiable upon experience.
Reach out to [email protected] to inquire.
Intended job posting audience
Yukonstruct Society is seeking a dynamic leader to join our team of innovators and change-makers. The society’s mission is to provide access to communal space, quality resources, shared knowledge, and a collaborative environment that helps entrepreneurs, creatives, Startups, and makers connect and grow. We do this through operating a coworking space (Cospace), a makerspace (Makespace), through business support services and programming, and management of the first Innovation hub North of 60 in Canada, NorthLight Innovation.
We’re seeing a passionate and talented marketing-savvy individual join our dynamic and collaborative team! This role may be perfect for you if you would LOVE to help us tell the stories of some of Yukon’s most creative and passionate individuals, and help us get the word out (about our business programming, support services, workshops, mentorship, space resources and so much more) to a broader and more diversified audience.
The Creative Communications Director is primarily responsible for helping to build and manage the organization’s brand and all aspects of marketing communications to raise awareness of the organization and ensure successful programs, events, and services.
The Creative Communications Director will work side-by-side with the Executive Director, sharing responsibility for supporting sponsorship development, strategic partnerships, managing relationships, and deliverables. The Creative Communications Director assists in aspects of grant reporting as they relate to capturing and communicating key organizational metrics and stats.
This role reports to the Executive Director and works closely with all other staff to assist them in their marketing and communications functions.
The Creative Communications Director is also a key vision holder and strategic driver for the balance and offerings of programs in close relationship with the Makespace Director and Entrepreneur Programming Director.
Marketing, Communications & Strategic Development (60%)
○ Develop and execute with the Management Team a comprehensive marketing plan that includes events, media relations, press releases, social networking, sponsors recognition and Annual Report, website, newsletters, and branding
○ Being the primary holder of the society’s brand strategy. Knowing where we are strong and where development is needed. Ensuring our image is positive and fresh and meets our core stakeholders needs
○ Directing and overseeing the society’s communications
○ Managing the society’s media platforms and strategy, with assistance from the Events and Social Media Coordinator and other staff
○ Running social media and traditional media promotional campaigns for upcoming events, programming, and other communications needs, with content assistance from other staff
○ Manage the creation, production, and distribution of quality materials that support the development and marketing goals
○ Graphic design skills are an asset
○ Ensuring our email communication with members and key stakeholders is timely, relevant, and consistent throughout the year. This includes running an annual member survey and assessing our Net Promoter Score
○ Creating and maintaining a dashboard of metrics for the organization for both internal performance measurement and decision-making, as well as external communications to sponsors, funders, and stakeholders. Determining with all staff what metrics to measure
(internal desire and external prescribed) and developing systems to measure those metrics
○ Lead on various projects that involve the use of our logo, our internal and external image including art, visuals, signage, business communications materials (letterhead, business cards, pamphlets, etc..)
○ Support the Director team in identifying and implementing a platform that will allow us to develop a virtual, online community that connects us Yukon-wide
○ Working closely with the Executive Director to identify areas with strategic growth potential that are in alignment with the Societies’ Strategic Framework
○ Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director
Sponsorship and Partnership Management and Development (20%)
○ Working closely with the Executive Director in developing sponsors, maintaining relationships, and delivering on agreed-upon activities
○ Ensuring that our marketing and programming efforts provide value to sponsors to ensure sponsor revenue continues to build into the future
○ Assessing and updating the Sponsorship plan to remain relevant and reflective of the Societies’ current sponsorship objectives
○ Working closely with the Executive Director to foster and develop strategic partnerships for Yukonstruct
Supervising Staff (15%)
○ Supervising and mentoring other team members as relevant to empower them to run and manage social media and newsletter platforms, as well as campaigns and tasks that support the strong management and development of Yukonstruct’s brand
○ Fostering a supportive, collaborative and positive environment for all direct reports and fellow staff members
○ On the job mentorship and training, as required for director reports
○ Working with the Director team with the primary role of strategizing society-wide programming vision and tactics to align with the Society’s mission and strategic plan as well as assessing the current program plans being developed for the society to ensure
all programming is aligned with our core customer segments. This position will work closely with the Makerspace Director (maker programming) and the Entrepreneur Programming Director (business programming)
○ Assisting other staff with elements of delivering some programs and events where
needed and where capacity exists
○ Supporting the success of all programs and events by ensuring the communications platforms are effective and functioning (website, event management, etc.), the program information is well communicated and advertised across our channels, and appropriate
strategies are taken to ensure maximum participation for all programs and events as it pertains to marketing and advertising the programs
○ Ensuring metrics are kept on programs and events for internal and external communications, planning, and performance evaluation.
Please send a resume and cover letter and any inquiries to [email protected]