We are looking for a dynamic, enthusiastic, and motivated person to join our team!
We are looking for an Events and Social Media Coordinator
Yukonstruct is looking for a high energy, enthusiastic and motivated team player that is PUMPED about organizing, creating and running events, as well as creating a fun and engaging presence on social media for our organization. Yukonstruct is dynamic, as we run a coworking space, a makespace, and manage a hub of awesome entrepreneurs and creatives. We’re looking for an individual that loves the power of entrepreneurship, maker culture and collaboration. If you’re into connecting with cool people (and connecting cool people!) and you’re okay managing many competing tasks and objectives at once, this role will be perfect for you!
You’re a great fit for this role if you have experience managing social media platforms, such as Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. You love the idea of capturing the magic that happens in the organization and sharing through our online platforms and are comfortable writing social media content. Our desired candidate will have a proven track record of managing successful events, and familiarity with online event management platforms such as Eventbrite is a big plus. Experience and skill in website management or graphic design are not mandatory, but would be valuable! This position will report to Yukonstruct’s Director of Entrepreneur Programming, and play a big role in both championing and supporting Yukon entrepreneurs and startup businesses.
Duties and Responsibilities
Event Planning and Management (60%)
- Leading on all internal Yukonstruct events, through coordinating and hosting our public and member-only events, such as our monthly Beer O’Clock
- Collaborating with the Yukonstruct team on developing and running large events such as Hackathons, Sponsor Appreciation Parties, Startup Canada Awards, and more
- Leading on ensuring all events are well organized and high-value for our members
- Providing exceptional customer service
- Supporting the Director of Entrepreneur Programming in organizing and hosting all events required for our Startup & Business Bootcamp programs
- Ensuring internal events are set up and reset, key contacts are briefed and supported, and all systems of internal communication are updated accordingly
- Ensuring team members and/or Operations Assistants are briefed and set up to support where needed
- Purchasing sourcing supplies and supports for operations and events as needed, such as decorations, food and beverages, arranging for catering as needed
- Ensuring all events have the appropriate tech support
- Listing events on Eventbrite and our website, and creative promotion through our social media and online channels.
- Managing guests lists and event attendance.
Social Media Support (30%)
- Assisting in the creation and editing of written, video, and photo content for our social media platforms: facebook, instagram and twitter
- Collaborating with the Marketing Director to create and manage a social media calendar
- Support the Marketing Director in monitoring social media channels
- Interact with users and respond to social media messages, inquiries, and comments
- Develop and share engaging content for social media platforms
- Responsibilities will evolve with the growth of our organization and will be dynamic.
- Familiarity with graphic design tools like Canva or ability to learn them
Other Duties (10%):
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Entrepreneur Programming or the Marketing Director
- This is a dynamic position and duties will evolve over time, flexibility will be required
The organization is always growing and evolving, candidates looking to expand on their skills and knowledge will find many opportunities within this position.
Please send your cover letter and resume to [email protected]