We are looking for a Social Media and Community Coordinator
We are looking for a dynamic, enthusiastic, and motivated person to join our team!
Yukonstruct is looking for a high-energy, enthusiastic, and motivated team player that is PUMPED about telling our story, organizing, creating, and running events, as well as creating a fun and engaging presence on social media for our organization. Yukonstruct is dynamic, as we run a coworking space, a makerspace, and manage a hub of awesome entrepreneurs and creatives at NorthLight Innovation. We’re looking for an individual who loves the power of entrepreneurship, maker culture, and collaboration. If you’re into connecting with cool people (and connecting cool people!) and you’re okay managing many competing tasks and objectives at once, this role will be perfect for you!
You’re a great fit for this role if you have experience managing social media platforms, such as Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter, and are a strong communicator. You love the idea of capturing the magic that happens in the organization and sharing through our online platforms and is comfortable writing social media content. Our desired candidate will have a proven track record of managing successful events, and familiarity with online event management platforms such as Eventbrite is a big plus. Experience and skill in website management or graphic design are not mandatory, but would be valuable! This position will report to Yukonstruct’s Creative Communications Director, and will play a big role in both championing and supporting Yukon entrepreneurs and startup businesses.
May 9th, 2022 Updated to May 23rd, 2022
Duties and Responsibilities
Marketing and Social Media Support (50%)
- Assisting in the creation and editing of written, video, and photo content for our social media platforms: Facebook, Instagram and twitter
- Collaborating with the Creative Communications Director to create and manage a social media calendar
- Support the Creative Communications Director monitoring social media channels
- Interact with users and respond to social media messages, inquiries, and comments
- Develop and share engaging content for social media platforms
- Responsibilities will evolve with the growth of our organization and will be dynamic
- Familiarity with graphic design tools like Canva or ability to learn them
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required
Community Event Planning and Management (40%)
- Leading on all internal Yukonstruct events, through coordinating and hosting our public and member-only events, such as our monthly socials
- Collaborating with the Yukonstruct team on developing and running large events such as Hackathons, Sponsor Appreciation Parties, Startup Canada Awards, and more
- Leading on ensuring all events are well organized and high-value for our members
- Providing exceptional customer service
- Supporting the Director of Entrepreneur Programming in organizing and hosting all events required for our Startup & Business Bootcamp programs
- Ensuring internal events are set up and reset, key contacts are briefed and supported, and all systems of internal communication are updated accordingly
- Ensuring team members and/or Operations Assistants are briefed and set up to support where needed
- Purchasing sourcing supplies and supports for operations and events as needed, such as decorations, food and beverages, arranging for catering as needed
- Ensuring all events have the appropriate tech support
- Listing events on Eventbrite and our website, and creative promotion through our social media and online channels.
- Managing guests lists and event attendance.
Other Duties (10%):
- Other duties as assigned by the Creative Communications Director or Executive Director
- This is a dynamic position and duties will evolve over time, flexibility will be required
The organization is always growing and evolving, candidates looking to expand on their skills and knowledge will find many opportunities within this position.
Benefits that we offer you because you’re awesome:
- A fun and engaging work environment
- Health & Dental Benefits
- A network of amazing members and community leaders
- Free access to many of our programs, training, and tools
- Opportunity for professional development and supported goal setting
- Free membership to Cospace and Makespace, including member perks!
Compensation of $26 – $28 per hour for this position is based on 37.5 hours a week. Most hours are on a 9-5 basis, but flexibility will be needed as some mornings could be earlier, and some evening and weekend availability will be necessary due to internal or external bookings or events.
We will only review applications that include a cover letter and resume. Your cover letter and resume must clearly indicated why you would excel in this role.
Submit a resume & cover letter highlighting how your skills match the position and why you want to work at Yukonstruct. Please note only resumes that include a cover letter will be considered.