Yukonstruct’s Makespace is thrilled to offer Maker Academy, a 6 – week intensive Bootcamp for aspiring and novice makers to learn and gain confidence in areas such as sewing, woodworking, and metal working. Focused on building participants’ skills and confidence, each Maker Academy will teach participants through project-based learning delivered by skilled instructors.
- Dates: 10:00 am – 1:00 pm, Sundays May 15 – June 26 (no class on May 22)
- Cost: $999.00 includes all supplies + 2 month Premium 24/7 Makespace Membership (value of $238.00)
- Where: Yukonstruct Makespace
- Instructor: Jeramy Mattie
- Questions? Reach out to Kristen
- Register here
All Programs Include:
- 18 hours of instruction by a highly-skilled instructor
- 2 months premium Makespace membership (24-hour access)
- All supplies, materials, and storage to complete your 4 projects
- Access to mentors for help with your project between classes
Do I need to have maker experience to join this program?
Nope! This program is designed for absolute novices. If you’ve never stepped foot in a woodshop, metal shop, or sewing loft before, this program will be a comfortable fit for you.
I have some experience, will this program be too beginner for me?
Unlikely. The program structure and projects are designed to build on the skills of each successive class. If the first couple projects are within your skill set, you can still benefit from the mentorship, skilled instruction and practice provided during the 6 weeks of the program.
What if I don’t complete my project in the class?
You will have unlimited access to the Makespace during the course of this program, so you can catch up and practice your new skills between classes.