We have an amazing team of employees with diverse skills and interest. Do you think you could add to the organization?
Current job openings:
We are seeking a Director of Entrepreneur Programming and Interim Operations Managers.
Director of Entrepreneur Programming
We’re seeking a highly motivated and passionate individual who believes entrepreneurs can transform the world. Yukonstruct is proud to support a vibrant community of innovators, makers and entrepreneurs. We are dedicated to providing services and programming with the goal of ensuring entrepreneurship is accessible to everyone. Yukonstruct is a dynamic and fast-paced organization where there is room to create and grow. We’re looking for someone who wants to grow with us. This role will be dedicated to helping our organization and our partners develop a thriving, vibrant, impact-focused entrepreneurial ecosystem in the North, grounded in the values of where we live.
Note: This is a developing and evolving position for Yukonstruct. Below are the likely and desired duties and responsibilities, but some aspects may be different as research and design of the programming and services needed to support Yukonstruct’s entrepreneurial community continues.
Duties and Responsibilities
> Directing, Planning and Delivering Entrepreneurial Support Programs (40%)
- Researching and designing a variety of programs that support and grow the entrepreneurial community. This includes pre-ideation events and programs that get citizens excited about celebrating entrepreneurship and innovation, workshops, services, and programs for new and established entrepreneurs.
- Ongoing management and facilitation of the Startup Bootcamp program, continuing to develop the program based on the feedback and needs of the community.
- Researching potential programs and events, local and external instructors or speakers, and working to ensure Yukonstruct is a primary knowledge resource for the entrepreneurial and innovation community of the Yukon.
- Working with ecosystem partners to cross promote and support each other's programs to ensure the ecosystem has minimal gaps and works in unison to support entrepreneurs at all stages of all sectors.
- Supporting the Executive Director in managing grant reporting and partnerships. Researching new funds (public and private), writing proposals, building partnerships, delivering and reporting on grants and sponsorship supported programs and services.
- Coordinating with other Yukonstruct staff, program areas, and external partners to collaborate and offer comprehensive events and programs.
> Business Services Support (Pathfinding) (20%)
- Acting as the primary agent for business consultation services providing early stage advice and coaching to new entrepreneurs.
- Developing a robust network of experts and mentors to support new entrepreneurs.
- Acting as the Yukon entrepreneurial ecosystem concierge to help clients know what services are out there, and where they need to go to build the next stage of their business. Ensuring seamless soft handoffs to partner agencies.
- Attending regular national and regional networking meetings and ensuring our program matches national standards, trends, and expectations.
- Maintaining records in accordance with program guidelines and preparing quarterly and annual reports.
- Maintaining office hours on site and responding to inquiries in a timely manner in conjunction with relevant staff and partners.
- Providing business and entrepreneurial support to the community, including connecting services, providing advice, and researching solutions.
> Community and Network Development (15%)
- Building a strong network of experts, mentors and alumni to support all programs and services offered by Yukonstruct.
- Supporting the Director Team to implement a culture of connection and collaboration throughout Yukonstruct and the spaces and programs it manages.
- Intentionally connecting Yukonstruct members to one another, to spark connections, collaboration and provide valuable expertise to one another.
> Marketing and Communications (10%)
- In collaboration with the Marketing Coordinator, communicating to members, registered contacts, and the public via appropriate avenues of any Yukonstruct or Start Up Whitehorse content.
- Ensuring potential clients are aware of programs and events and enrollment is strong in all our activities.
- Promoting the activities of Yukonstruct to a wider audience and establishing a strong brand in the community for entrepreneurial services.
- Sharing stories of success and re-sharing relevant content to inspire and activate the Yukon entrepreneurial community and celebrate local success.
- Maintaining Startup Whitehorse chapter and developing connections with Startup Canada.
> Supervising Staff, Contractors and Volunteers (10%)
- Managing a program coordinator, or hiring and overseeing contractors as required.
- Managing volunteer tasks and projects in conjunction with the relevant Board Committee and managing volunteers during volunteer projects.
- Supervising seasonal and part-time staff as well as contractors as needed for the operations of Yukonstruct and it’s related programming and events.
> Additional Responsibilities (5%)
- Attending relevant Board Committee and task force meetings as determined by the Executive Director.
- Assisting other Yukonstruct staff in delivery of events, programs and other services as a part of a collaborative team.
- Other duties assigned by the Executive Director.
To apply for this role, please submit your resume and cover letter to [email protected]
This role will remain open until filled.
First review of applications will take place on March 8, 2021.
Interim Operations Managers (IOMs)
This is a short-term (3 months) opportunity for professionals located in the Yukon. We are looking for multiple Interim Operations Managers to support our spring Startup Bootcamp program. A minimum of 3 years business experience is required.
What will you be doing?
You will have the opportunity to meet with and potentially be selected by one of the companies accepted into our STEM program this spring. This program is dedicated to entrepreneurs innovating through Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics to help with, among other things, building a business model, pricing strategy, market research, identifying funding opportunities and more.
What's in for you?
If you are selected by a company, you will work with an inspiring entrepreneur in a paid, part-time role for the duration of the Startup Bootcamp. During the three-month Bootcamp, you will acquire useful business skills (a mini MBA), and you may have the chance to join the client beyond the program.
If this sounds interesting, read on!
The candidates (Up to 10 will be selected) must be available to start on March 1st. The IOM roles represents a potential opportunity to join one of the companies after the program.
- Experience recruiting and training talent.
- Customer service/technical support experience.
- Commercial awareness with strong strategic & financial experience
- Effective communication skills.
- Project Management experience.
- Fast learner, hands-on, willingness to learn the ins and outs of a new business.
Approx. 20-hrs week, 12 weeks (March 1st - May 30th).
Compensation will be discussed with the ideal candidates.
The candidates will meet with the client in person or remotely in accordance with the Yukon COVID-19 safety protocols.
Candidate profiles will be shared with all accepted companies. A virtual matchmaking event will take place for companies to meet prospect IOMs where both parties will have the opportunity to get to know each other.
You will be notified directly by the company interested in working with you.
Yukonstruct will provide an engagement contract to both parties for review.
To Apply or to Request Further information:
Please send your resume to [email protected]. If you have questions on this posting, please reach out directly, we will be happy to discuss this opportunity with you further and answer any questions you may have.
More About the STEM to Market Bootcamp
Learn more about the STEM to Market Bootcamp here.