Get started on the wood lathe! This training session is designed to give an introduction to the wood lathe- including setup, chisels, setting up blanks and how to do simple spindle work between centres. And of course safety and clean up.
If this training session is full, please sign up for the waitlist to be notified if a spot opens up in this session, or when another training session is scheduled.
About the instructor: Ulrich spent five and a half years training and working as a boatbuilder in wooden boat factories, producing luxury powerboats made completely out of a range of tropical and domestic woods. His other passions include all kinds of woodworking, making objects or vehicles with a combination of materials and skills, boating, and cooking.
Minimum 2 students | Maximum 3 students | Cancellation & Refund Policy
- We will ask you to wash your hands as soon as you enter the building. After you wash your hands, we encourage you not to touch your mouth or eyes while in the building.
- We require you to bring and wear a fabric or dust mask, to reduce spread of anything and protect you from woodshop dust.
- Our instructor will be wearing a fabric mask when they can’t social distance.
- Workstations are spaced 6 feet apart to limit face-to-face contact.
- Stay home if you are sick or have a fever, cough or shortness of breath.