Learn basic woodturning and walk home with a custom ice cream scoop!
You get to choose your wood. A selection of hardwoods is included in the price.
This session includes an introduction to the wood lathe including setup, chisels, setting up blanks and how to do spindle work between centers.
Both members and non-members, regardless of whether they have taken our woodshop orientation, are encouraged to join.
Closed-toed shoes required. Wear clothes that can get dirty.
About the instructor: Heya! I’m Alex, and I love redneck DIY; making as nice a piece as possible out of cheap dimensional lumber is my preferred approach. I’ve been DIYing for almost a decade now, and I’m excited to learn and teach in our fabulous community!
Minimum 5 students | Maximum 8 students | Cancellation Policy
- We will ask you to wash your hands as soon as you enter the building. After you wash your hands, we encourage you not to touch your mouth or eyes while in the building.
- We require you to bring and wear a fabric or dust mask, to reduce spread of anything and protect you from woodshop dust.
- Our instructor will be wearing a fabric mask when they can’t social distance.
- Workstations are spaced 6 feet apart to limit face-to-face contact.
- Stay home if you are sick or have a fever, cough or shortness of breath.