« All Events
Sew A Hammock Swing
Tuesday August 17 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Relax in your backyard or on your porch while sitting in your hand made hammock swing. During this beginner sewing class you will learn the anatomy of the domestic sewing machine as well as how to thread the machine and bobbin. Then you will learn the basic stitches and concepts needed to construct many household items such as pillows, curtains, table runners and placemats while sewing your hammock swing. You will then draft and sew the pillows and attach the swing to the wooden support bar.
All supplies needed to complete the swing are provided.
Minimum 3 students | Maximum 6 students | Cancellation Policy
- We will ask you to wash your hands as soon as you enter the building. After you wash your hands, we encourage you not to touch your mouth or eyes while in the building.
- We require you to bring and wear a fabric or dust mask. If you don’t have one, free masks are provided (if available to us).
- Workstations are spaced 6 feet apart to limit face-to-face contact.
- Our instructor will be wearing a fabric mask when they can’t social distance.
- Stay home if you are sick or have a fever, cough or shortness of breath.