« All Events
Laser Cutting Workshop for Beginners: Christmas ornaments!
December 1, 2020 @ 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Get started using the laser cutter with Thomas! This two-hour-and-a-half-long session covers the basics of how to use the laser cutter including safety, ventilation, raster and vector design, print settings, and cutting and etching different materials. Following by hands-on experience: you will cut out your Christmas ornament!
All materials provided
About the instructor: Thomas is always working on a project. When he’s not busy making telescopes, you can find him building all kinds of things such as an electric guitar, a cloud chamber or even a wooden clock. He learned most of his skills thanks to the internet and he’s more than happy to share what he knows with other makers.
Minimum 4 students | Maximum 6 students | Cancellation Policy
- We will ask you to wash your hands as soon as you enter the building. After you wash your hands, we encourage you not to touch your mouth or eyes while in the building.
- We require you to bring and wear a fabric mask. If you don’t have one, free masks are provided (if available to us).
- Workstations are spaced 6 feet apart to limit face-to-face contact.
- Our instructor will be wearing a fabric mask when they can’t social distance.
- Stay home if you are sick or have a fever, cough or shortness of breath.