Learn 3d printing basics with this lithophane workshop, where you will create your own custom keychain and night light.
What will I learn?
At the end of the workshop you will have learned the basics of the two types of printer in the Makespace (FDM and SLA), how to create a 3d model, and how to prepare it for printing.
What is a lithophane?
A lithophane is a piece of plastic with varying thicknesses. When viewed in normal light, it is an unassuming pieces of opaque plastic. However when you shine a light through it, it comes to life. The varied thickness of the plastic allows different amounts of light through and forms an image.
What should I bring?
Bring one or two image files that you would like to turn into your lithophanes. A picture of your partner, children, pets, or your favourite landscape are all good options. All common image formats are acceptable.
Mattias Lightstone is a freelance web and decentralized application developer who recently moved to Whitehorse from Ottawa. In his free time enjoys board games, fantasy sports, and of course 3d printing.
Minimum 4 participants | Maximum 8 participants | Cancellation & Refund Policy
- We will ask you to wash your hands as soon as you enter the building. After you wash your hands, we encourage you not to touch your mouth or eyes while in the building.
- Masks are encouraged and optional
- Workstations are spaced 6 feet apart to limit face-to-face contact.
- Our instructor will be wearing a fabric mask when they can’t social distance.
- Stay home if you are sick or have a fever, cough or shortness of breath.