« All Events
Blacksmithing with the Gas Forge
September 7, 2020 @ 6:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Get started blacksmithing and forge yourself a Fire poker or hook!
You will use the GAS forge to heat and shape metal and learn to use an anvil and basic hand tools.
This workshop covers the basics of how to use YuKonstruct’s gas forge including safety, settings and working with different metals. Thanks to a small group size you will get lots of practice!
Closed-toe shoes and non-flammable, non-synthetic clothing are required for this workshop. Wear clothes that can get dirty. This workshop takes place outside, so dress for the weather.
Participants may wish to bring their own leather gloves and protective eyewear.
Considered orientation and safety training for the gas forge for Yukonstruct members.
About the instructor: Jonathon has been passionate about blacksmithing since high school and never lost his interest. He made his own medieval armor!
Minimum 3 participants | Maximum 5 participants | Cancellation & Refund Policy
- We will ask you to wash your hands as soon as you enter the building. After you wash your hands, we encourage you not to touch your mouth or eyes while in the building.
- We encourage you to bring and wear a fabric or dust mask, to reduce spread of anything and protect you from metal shop dust. Free masks are provided (if available).
- Workstations are spaced 6 feet apart to limit face-to-face contact.
- Our instructor will be wearing a fabric mask when they can’t social distance.
- Stay home if you are sick or have a fever, cough or shortness of breath.