« All Events
Beginner Sewing: Utility Aprons
Tuesday May 18 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm CA$59.00
This beginner sewing class will cover the basics in domestic machine sewing. Participants will learn the importance of correct threading and machine settings. Then we will follow a pattern to cut out and assemble a versatile utility apron. Skills learned are easily transferable to making curtains, masks, or hemming pants.
Sewing machines, tools and fabric will be provided to all participants. If you would like to bring your personal machine that is fine, as long as it is in great shape, has a new needle, an empty bobbin and is ready to go. If you are able to bring an iron and ironing board this would help save time.
Minimum 3 students | Maximum 5 students | Cancellation Policy
- We will ask you to wash your hands as soon as you enter the building. After you wash your hands, we encourage you not to touch your mouth or eyes while in the building.
- We require you to bring and wear a fabric or dust mask. If you don’t have one, free masks are provided (if available to us).
- Workstations are spaced 6 feet apart to limit face-to-face contact.
- Our instructor will be wearing a fabric mask when they can’t social distance.
- Stay home if you are sick or have a fever, cough or shortness of breath.